- For those who love the action, a journey through the most rebellious,
- epic and dramatic episodes of the city’s modern history.
- It’s not strange that Friedrich Engels said that “Barcelona has seen
- more barricade fighting than any other city in the world”. The streets,
- alleys, squares and promenades of Ciutat Vella have seen lots of revolts,
- shootings, barricades, sieges and bombings. In this route we will revive
- some of the most important episodes, those intense days, and the scars
- in the
- We will revive the dramatic siege of 1714 in the famous Fossar de les
- Moreres, we will discover the “bullangues”, the 18th Century liberal revolts,
- that are really surprising. And we will remember the most industrious and
- rebellious Barcelona: the anarchist attacks, the Tragic Week, the Gun
- Years and the May Days of 1937 during the Spanish
- Meeting point
- Plaça de
l’Àngel, in the black benches.
- Visits to museums and
historical buildings are not included.
- The route will take
approximately 2 hours and.